Grilled Bread with Goat Cheese and Green Olive Salad Recipe
By Julia Turshen
This crunchy-creamy goat cheese toast is what snack dreams are made of – guest starring friend walnuts and tangy olives. Easy enough to pull together for a super-quick snack yet impressive enough for a laidback get-together, this versatile recipe combines a handful of familiar flavors (and ingredients you likely already have lying around) in an inspired way.
Author Notes: This is a really easy dish, but it's also really impressive-looking. It's also wine's best friend—it goes great with a drink, preferably a glass of sparkling wine. This versatile recipe uses all stuff from your pantry, so you can make substitutions and it always turns out great. —Julia Turshen
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4cup walnut halves
- 12green olives, preferably Castelvetrano, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1large handful Italian parsley leaves
- 2tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1dash kosher salt
- 1dash freshly ground black pepper
- 4ounces plain goat cheese, at room temperature
- 4large, 1-inch-thick slices country bread, grilled or toasted
- Place the olive oil and walnuts in a small skillet and set it over medium heat. When the nuts begin to sizzle, immediately transfer them and the oil to a mixing bowl. Add the olives, parsley, and lemon juice, and stir well to combine. Season the mixture to taste with salt and pepper.
- Evenly divide the goat cheese between the pieces of toast and spread to cover. Season the goat cheese with salt and pepper. Divide the walnut mixture between the toasts and serve immediately.