Summertime Fish Tacos
Choose tilapia fillets or any other firm white fish. Before these go in the oven they’ll get seasoned with chili powder, garlic powder and a bit of salt. While the fish are cooking, prep a taco bar for guests to choose which fresh ingredients they’d like to top their delicious tacos with!
- 2 lb tilapia fillets or any firm white fish
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1½ cups fresh salsa
- 2 avocados, sliced
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Optional: jalapeño slices, cotija cheese, lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Rub fish with chili powder, garlic powder, and salt. Drizzle with oil. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions.
- Break fish into chunks. Divide fish among tortillas, and top with salsa, avocado, and cilantro. Serve with optional ingredients, if desired.
Side Dish Ingredients
- 4 cups pineapple chunks
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1½ tsp chili powder (or use cayenne pepper)
Side Dish Instructions
- Toss pineapple with lime juice and chili powder.