Spinach Salad with Grapes and Lemon-Oregano Vinaigrette
foods perfect for a picnic
SPINACH SALAD WITH GRAPES AND LEMON-OREGANO VINAIGRETTE PAIRED WITH SOFIA BRUT ROSÉ
- 1 (16-oz) pkg fresh baby spinach
- 1 (5-oz) container shaved Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups halved red or green seedless grapes
- 2 cups chopped roasted and salted almonds
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Reserved 1¼ cups Lemon Oregano Vinaigrette (from Lemon-Oregano Grilled Chicken recipe)
- Crunchy Pita Croutons (see recipe below)
- Toss together spinach, cheese, grapes, almonds, red onion, and desired amount of vinaigrette in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with Pita Croutons.
CRUNCHY PITA CROUTONS
- 1 (12-oz) pkg pita rounds
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp Greek seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut pita rounds in half crosswise, then separate each half into 2 half-moons.
- Place on baking sheets; brush with oil and sprinkle with Greek seasoning.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Let cool completely, and break into smaller pieces. Store in zip-top plastic bags up to 2 weeks.
Emeals: Meal Planning Made Simple. Try it for free for 14 days https://emeals.com/meal-plans/quick-and-healthy/