Sirloin Steak with Romesco Sauce
The protein is the star of this meal, but the steak won’t shine without this tomato-based sauce. Romesco is a nutty, perfectly rich companion to a big, juicy steak. Making it will have you feeling like you’re dining out at home and you won’t want to have steak again without it. This sauce also goes great with fish or chicken! The garlic and lemon artichoke hearts come together quickly for a no brainer side dish. Pair this hearty meal with a glass of Diamond Collection Cabernet Sauvignon.
- 1½ lb top sirloin steak
- ½ tsp salt, divided
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 (12-oz) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 3 Roma tomatoes
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp sherry vinegar (or use red wine vinegar)
- Sprinkle steak with ¼ tsp each salt and pepper. Cook in 1 Tbsp hot oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes per side or to desired doneness.
- Remove from pan; let stand 10 minutes before slicing across the grain.
- Meanwhile, process red peppers, tomatoes, nuts, garlic, vinegar, 2 Tbsp oil, and ¼ tsp salt in a blender or food processor until smooth. Serve with steak.
Garlic-and-Lemon Pepper Artichoke Hearts
Side Dish Ingredients
- 2 (14-oz) cans artichoke hearts, drained
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tsp lemon-pepper seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
Side Dish Instructions
- Sauté artichokes and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until browned. Stir in seasoning and salt.