Sauteed Grouper with Tomato-Avocado Salsa
green and lean
Sauteed Grouper with Tomato-Avocado Salsa paired with Diamond Collection Chardonnay
- 3 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 3 avocados, pitted and diced
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1½ tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp salt, divided
- ½ tsp pepper, divided
- 6 (4-oz) grouper fillets
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- Combine tomato, avocado, cilantro, lime juice, garlic powder and ½ tsp each salt and pepper. Sprinkle fish with remaining ¼ tsp each of salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish; cook 3 to 4 minutes per side or until fish flakes with a fork.
- Top each serving evenly with tomato mixture.
Side Dish Ingredients
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 2 (15-oz) cans no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warmed
Side Dish Instructions
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add onion and jalapeño. Sauté 5 minutes or until tender; stir in black beans, lime juice, and water.
- Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated; stir in jalapeño and salt.
- Serve beans and tortillas alongside fish.