Any barbequed item’s favorite side dish! This potato salad recipe is a hit at just about every outdoor party. It’s creamy and crunchy. It’s salty and sweet. The real secret of this potato salad is the potatoes – you cook them until they are close to mashable and then you mash them, folding in the other ingredients as you go, while the potatoes are still hot. This creates a salad that tastes good warm, great cold and the best the day after.
- 2 lbs Red Potatoes, quartered
- 1 lb. Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small Bag of Frozen Peas
- 1 red Onion, diced
- 1 C. Mayonnaise
- 1 large handful red grapes, cut in half
- 1 bunch dill, chopped
- salt & Pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes until fork tender and then cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- While potatoes are boiling, mix all other ingredients together.
- As soon as potatoes are drained, mash them and mix into the mayonnaise mixture.
- Remove from refrigerator at least two hours prior to serving.