Pork Rind-Crusted Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
Nothing intimidating about this take on fried chicken. Pork rinds coat the chicken to add a delicious crunch factor, while the tangy slaw and spicy, sweet buffalo sauce layer on to create that WOW worthy bite. Pull out a 4-pack of Diamond Pinot Grigio cans for you and your friends to enjoy with these finger-licking good buffalo chicken sandwiches.
- 3 large eggs
- 2 (3.25-oz) pkg fried pork rinds, crushed
- 6 (6-oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup buffalo wing sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- ½ (16-oz) jar dill pickle chips
- Tangy Coleslaw (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Beat eggs lightly in a shallow bowl. Place crushed pork rinds in a separate shallow bowl. Dip each chicken breast in beaten egg, and dredge in pork rinds. Dip in beaten egg again, and dredge in crushed pork rinds again, pressing gently to adhere.
- Pour oil to a depth of ½ inch in a large deep skillet. Heat over medium-high heat. Fry chicken 5 to 6 minutes per side or until golden brown. Transfer chicken to a lightly greased wire rack set over a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake chicken 10 to 15 minutes or until done. Top each chicken breast with 1 slice cheese; let stand until melted.
- Meanwhile, stir together wing sauce and honey; spread about 1 Tbsp sauce mixture over bottom buns. Serve chicken on buns with additional sauce, pickles, and desired amount of Tangy Coleslaw recipe.
- 1 (16-oz) pkg tricolor coleslaw
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp sugar
- Toss together all ingredients in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill until ready to serve.