Pistachio Honey Cake
PISTACHIO HONEY CAKE PAIRED WITH SOFIA BRUT ROSÉ MINIS
- ½ cup finely chopped pistachios
- 1 (15.25-oz) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (8-oz) carton sour cream
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting (see recipe below)
- Garnish: finely chopped pistachios, honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F; spray a 9-inch round baking pan with baking spray with flour. Sprinkle bottom of pan with pistachios.
- Stir together cake mix, sour cream, oil, ¼ cup water, eggs, and cinnamon in a large bowl until mixture is smooth. Pour over pistachios in pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cake cool in pan 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Spread Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting over top of cake; sprinkle with pistachios, and drizzle with honey just before serving.
WHIPPED CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 1 (8-oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 (8-oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Beat cream cheese and orange rind at medium speed with a mixer until creamy; gradually beat in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Add thawed whipped topping, beating until fluffy.
Emeals: Meal Planning Made Simple. Try it for free for 14 days https://emeals.com/meal-plans/quick-and-healthy/