Open-Faced Lamb and Havarti Sandwiches
Open-Faced Lamb and Havarti Sandwiches paired with Diamond Collection Claret Cabernet Sauvignon
- 4 lb bone-in lamb shoulder chops (see Note)
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 (12-oz) French baguette, halved lengthwise
- 6 slices Havarti cheese
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours or until lamb is tender.
- Remove lamb, and shred into large chunks, discarding bone and fat. (Reserve remaining half for French Salad with Lamb, Potatoes, and Green Beans recipe.) Return half of lamb to cooker.
- Stir together cornstarch and water; add to cooker, increase heat to HIGH, and cook 15 minutes or until gravy is thickened.
- Preheat oven to broil. Top cut sides of baguette with lamb and gravy; top with cheese. Place on a baking sheet, and broil until cheese is melted.
- Cut into slices to serve.
Lemony Arugula-Fennel Salad
Side Dish Ingredients
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 (5-oz) pkg baby arugula
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Side Dish Instructions
- Rinse fennel. Discard root end of fennel bulb, and reserve fronds for another use. Cut bulb into very thin slices.
- Combine fennel and arugula in a large bowl.
- Whisk together lemonzest and remaining ingredients. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat.