Mini Blueberry Pies
Pie, as a finger food?! Summer is a perfect time for getting juicy blueberries and putting them into a flakey, buttery crust is absolute heaven. This grab and go treat is a perfectly sweet end cap to your table at your next gathering.
- 2 Pie Crusts (you can make your own, but why would you want to waste valuable summer time making crusts?!)
- 4 C. Blueberries (Fresh or Frozen)
- 3 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Zest of one Lemon
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the blueberries. Mix all dry ingredients, lemon zest and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Add blueberries and toss until all coated.
- Lay flat both pie crusts and using a cookie cutter or drinking glass, cut them into 24 2 inch circles.
- Line a muffin tray with 12 of the crust circles, bringing the sides up to the top of the muffin tin cups.
- Fill each crust lined cup with blueberries.
- Top each bottom crust with a top crust – connecting them by the sides.
- Brush each pie with beaten egg, dust a bit of sugar over each and using a skewer, drill a little hole in the top of each.
- Bake for 35 minutes.