Lentil Bolognese Sauce
Lentil Bolognese Sauce paired with Director's Cabernet Sauvignon
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 (28-oz) can diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ½ tsp sugar
- Cook garlic in hot oil in a large Dutch oven 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add onion, carrots, and celery; cook 6 to 8 minutes or until tender.
- Add tomatoes, wine, lentils, Italian seasoning, tomato paste, and sugar. Cover; bring to a simmer. Cook 30 to 40 minutes or until lentils are tender and sauce is thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Spaghetti Squash and Spring Mix Salad
Side Dish Ingredients
- 2 large spaghetti squash, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 (5-oz) pkg spring mix
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ to ½ cup balsamic vinaigrette
Side Dish Instructions
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Drizzle cut sides of squash with oil, and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Place, cut sides down, in a large baking dish.
- Bake 45 minutes or until tender. Scrape spaghetti-like strands from squash into a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, toast nuts in a dry skillet over medium heat until fragrant.
- Toss together spring mix, onion, nuts, and vinaigrette in a bowl.