Homemade Caramel Corn
- 1 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 (16-oz) container salted peanuts
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 2 cups walnut halves
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Pop popcorn according to package directions; divide popped corn between 2 large disposable roasting pans. Add peanuts, pecans, and walnuts to each pan; set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt; bring to a boil, and cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in baking soda. Mixture will bubble up.
- Pour syrup mixture over both pans of popcorn, stirring to coat; bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes, with pans staggered on 2 oven shelves.
- Spoon mixture onto parchment paper, separating large clumps; let stand until cool. Store popcorn in airtight containers up to 2 weeks.