Fresh and Local: Turtle Inn and Coral Caye Dining Experiences
Turtle Inn located in Belize offers a variety of relaxed dining experiences and the highest-quality cuisine. Local fish is brought in daily from the fertile reefs just offshore and fresh vegetables are delivered from our organic garden. Three restaurants on property offer such dishes as ceviche and gazpacho, fish cooked in a sea-salt crust, and a selection of pizzas made to order in our wood-burning oven. Gaugin Grill, Turtle Inn’s beachfront restaurant features fresh, charcoal-grilled seafood including lobster, shrimp, and snapper. Tables are set just a few feet from the sea, affording fantastic views of the offshore cayes (tiny islands) and starry night sky. Speaking of cayes, Coral Caye is the newest addition to Turtle Inn’s overnight stay offerings, imagine yourself on a 2 ½ acre private island as a cast away enjoying naps in hammocks, snorkeling off the dock and stargazing at night. Visit Turtle Inn to learn more!
Enjoy this Featured Recipe from the Chef Irwin Mai: Conch Ceviche Recipe
- 2 lbs, Sweet Red Tomato
- 1.5 lbs, White Onion
- 4 oz. Chopped Cilantro
- 1.5 lbs, Conch
- 1 cup, Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Dice fresh tomato, onion and mix with chopped cilantro.
- Clean the conch then dice about same size as tomato and onions.
- In a bowl, add diced conch and marinate with the lime juice for about 15 minutes.
- Add diced tomato mixture to the marinated conchs and season with salt and black pepper.
- Ceviche should taste mild tangy and rich of tomato and cilantro flavor.
Serve with crispy tortilla chips
To make crispy tortilla chips at home: Cut corn tortillas into triangle shapes, ensure they are room temperature then deep fry. After frying use a brown paper to soak some of excess of oil and sprinkle with season salt.