H O L L Y W O O D
In celebration of the holiday season, we asked twelve different at home bartenders to craft their very own Coppola cocktails that each feature one of our Family Coppola wines as well as one of our Great Women Spirits. Check out this recipe from Brian Sandahl (@heavymuddle).
- 2 oz Dorothy Arzner Straight Rye Whiskey
- ½ oz spiced wine syrup*
- ½ oz Amontillado Sherry
- 2 dashes black walnut bitters
- 2 dashes chocolate bitters
- Orange twist, for garnish
- For the cocktail, add all ingredients to mixing glass with ice and stir until ice cold. Strain into coupe glass and express orange peel over drink.
*Spiced Wine Syrup Recipe:
- 1 ½ cup Diamond Collection Claret
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp whole black peppercorns
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- Dash of salt
- For the syrup, combine 1 1/2 cups Diamond Collection Claret with 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/2 tsp whole black peppercorns, 1 cinnamon stick, 2 cloves and a dash of salt. Bring to a low boil and reduce down to 1 cup. Let cool before straining out solids.